Atlanta is a hip-hop and rock hotspot, although the Southern city’s diverse artistic charms — as seen in its many refurbished historic theaters and sparkling new venues — ensure that ATL has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking to catch a Hawks game or the Next Big Thing in music, here’s the scoop on where to go before and after you see the best sports, theater and bands in the city
Best Bars & Restaurants Near Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Although there are plenty of concession options at Mercedes-Benz Stadium itself — including affordable meal items with “fan-first” prices — the area surrounding the venue also boasts a few go-to spots.
- Directly across the street from the venue is Restaurant Ten (10 Northside Dr. NW), a casual eatery open until midnight on weekends that specializes in barbecue and Southern delicacies, such as a fried green tomato BLT.
- Head east from the stadium toward downtown Atlanta for more delicious, no-frills pub grub at sports bar the Hudson Grille (120 Marietta St. NW).
- Indulge in the reasonably priced steak and seafood offerings at the Prime Meridian Restaurant (100 CNN Center) at the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center.
Best Bars & Restaurants Near State Farm Arena
The Mercedes-Benz Stadium’s pre-game food options in the neighborhood also work for State Farm Arena, too. And the latter, it should be noted, prides itself on fan-friendly concession pricing — including a $2 jumbo pretzel and $3 bottled soda.
- State Farm Arena is also close to the hole-in-the-wall burger and sandwich joint Just Around The Corner (76 Ted Turner Dr. NW).
- The Middle Eastern fast-casual eatery Baraka Shawarma Mediterranean (57 Forsyth St. SW).
- If you’re looking for something on the lighter side, the modern sushi-focused restaurant Thrive (101 Marietta St. NW).
Best Bars & Restaurants Near Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
Thanks to its proximity to the Cobb Galleria Centre event space and Cumberland Mall, there are plenty of places to grab a meal before a Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre event.
- Murph’s (1 Galleria Pkwy.), the bar and grill owned by Braves legend Dale Murphy, is one solid choice.
- Closer to the venue, in the nearby Akers Mill Square, you’ll find ATL hidden gem Top Spice Thai & Malaysian Cuisine (2997 Cobb Pkwy. SE #200)—a sit-down establishment full of robust nods to Southeast Asian cuisine
- The flavorful Cinco Mexican Cantina (2851 Akers Mill Rd. SE) is also in Akers Mill Sqaure.
- Last but not least, there’s thin-crust pizza emporium Blaze Pizza (2955 Cobb Pkwy. Ste. 290).
Best Bars & Restaurants Near Ameris Bank Amphitheatre – Alpharetta
You’ll have to drive a mile or two to find non-venue eating options near the Ameris Bank Amphitheatre, but the suburban locale offers solid pre-concert choices.
- The sports bar Miller’s Ale House Alpharetta (10750 Davis Dr.) ranks among the best destinations, thanks to its well-curated beer list with more than 75 brews, as well as generous food and drink specials.
- Wine aficionados looking to splurge will love the by-the-bottle list at steak and seafood eatery Ray’s at Killer Creek (1700 Mansell Rd.).
- And for anyone running late to the show — or simply looking for veggie-friendly fare — the stacked sandwiches and rich soups you can grab at Jason’s Deli (7300 North Point Pkwy.) hit the spot.
Best Bars & Restaurants Near Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood
The best food and drink options near the Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood are a short drive or a nice long walk away.
- West of the venue is D&D Barbeque & Ribs (1975 Sylvan Rd. SW), which dishes up heaping helpings of smoked meats, Southern sides, and delectable desserts.
- Up north is the Jamrock Jerk Center (1232 Metropolitan Pkwy. S), a destination for jaw-dropping authentic Caribbean food (including curried chicken and goat) and specialties such as fresh-squeezed juices.
Best Bars & Restaurants Near State Bank Amphitheatre at Chastain Park
The dining options near State Bank Amphitheatre at Chastain Park show off Atlanta’s culinary diversity.
- More than 20 years after opening, 10 Degrees South (4183 Roswell Rd. NE) — proudly touting itself as the first South African restaurant in the U.S. — features an eclectic, multicultural menu that continues to dazzle.
- Head north on Roswell Road and you’ll encounter Tupelo Honey (4600 Roswell Rd., Bldg. C, Ste. 110), which favors scratch-made Southern fare (and all-day breakfast!) with seasonal ingredients.
- Nearby is the late-night bar-food outpost Three Dollar Cafe Chastain (4475 Roswell Rd. NE).
- On the more upscale side, the romantic Horseradish Grill (4320 Powers Ferry Rd. NW), which overlooks the west side of Chastain Park, presents elegant American cuisine with Southern flair.
Best Bars & Restaurants Near Fox Theatre
View this post on Instagram
Cocktails are cold, snacks are ready, and our patio is inviting you to P&P’s Live Music Series tonight at 7pm… Starring Alia Torres! . . . #cocktails #snack #football #music #livemusic #patio #edgars #cheers #saturday #drinks #summer #dinner #savannah #savannahga #georgia #historic #edgarsproofandprovision #thedesoto #desotoga #thedesoto #desotoga
The Fox Theatre is near several fine establishments that showcase Atlanta’s culinary brilliance.
- Located in a restored circa-1907 firehouse, the opulent Negril Village Atlanta (30 North Ave. NE) offers hearty Caribbean fare.
- The intriguingly named Edgar’s Proof & Provision (659 Peachtree St. NE) in the Georgian Terrace Hotel is known for its unique, flavor-twisting bar food and inventive cocktails.
- Luckily, the Fox is also just down the street from an outpost of the iconic drive-in restaurant The Varsity (61 North Ave. NW), whose diner food is so famous each item even has a unique nickname to use when ordering.
Best Bars & Restaurants Near Coca-Cola Roxy
Fans heading to the Coca-Cola Roxy have an abundance (and variety) of food and drink options from which to choose, owing to the venue’s location in the Battery Atlanta, a bustling development in Cumberland near SunTrust Park.
- The sports bar Yard House (825 Battery Ave. SE #320) boasts a well-organized beer list and an eye-popping array of bar-food choices, with appetizers alone spanning spinach cheese dip, wings, cheese curds and sushi.
- Antico Pizza Battery Park (2605 Circle 75 Pkwy.) whips up piping hot pizza for patrons.
- The Terrapin Taproom (755 Battery Ave. SE) — an outpost of the Athens-founded brewery — keeps the cold suds flowing to quench the heat of the menu’s tangy Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q.
Best Bars & Restaurants Near Tabernacle presented by Cricket Wireless
View this post on Instagram
Craving Bison? This July, visit Ted’s, snap a pic of your Bison entrée and tag with #TedsVermejoVacation for a chance to win your way to Vermejo, a Ted Turner Reserve in New Mexico. Check out the link in our bio for details! (Ends 7/26) #TedsMontanaGrill #contest #NationalBisonMonth #OnlyAtTeds
Right across the street from the Tabernacle, there’s an array of options to satisfy your tastebuds.
- Ted’s Montana Grill (133 Luckie St. NW), which offers all kinds of hearty American cuisine, including a selection of bison-based dishes.
- Nearby is The Food Shoppe (123 Luckie St. NW #108), an authentic Creole restaurant that’s ideal for a quick, early dinner.
- For late-night, post-concert eats, look no further than the delicious pub food at bourbon- and beer-friendly haven Park Bar (150 Walton St. NW).
- Or hoof it down Luckie Street to the Atlanta stalwart Landmark Diner (60 Luckie St. NW).
Best Bars & Restaurants Near Buckhead Theatre presented by Cricket Wireless
Buckhead is known for its restaurants, which means there’s no shortage of eateries to try before a concert at Buckhead Theatre.
- The create-your-own pizza approach of Your Pie (5 West Paces Ferry Rd. NW) is good for a quick and tasty bite.
- Check out the Turkish, Greek, and Mediterranean delights at Café Agora (318 East Paces Ferry Rd. NE).
- In contrast, you’ll want to take time to sit down and savor the award-winning King + Duke (3060 Peachtree Rd. NW), which is known for its carefully curated wood-fired meats and veggies menu — and for its sly literary references.
You Might Like
One more place to catch excellent entertainment on the strip.
The Home of the Blues celebrates music, sports and entertainment of all kinds.