Here’s one sure way to unglue your kids from their phones, tablets, and TVs this spring break – take ‘em to a live event! Sporty, silly, musical, or educational – we’ve found all kinds of great events at all kinds of prices. See what’s happening in your area below, and fill your family’s free time with fun.
Family Spring Break in the Pacific Northwest
The dazzling dribblers and high-flying dunkers of the Harlem Globetrotters, the edge-of-your-seat races of the AMA Supercross, and a heartfelt theatrical production of Charlotte’s Web – we’ve got something for everyone.
- Starting at $23 – Harlem Globetrotters 2014 World Tour – KeyArena
- Starting at $10 – Monster Energy AMA Supercross – CenturyLink Field
- Starting at $23 – Oregon Children’s Theatre Presents: Charlotte’s Web – Newmark Theatre
Family Spring Break in California
Their eyes will light up when they see their favorite Disney characters in a skating spectacular. Their draws will drop (yours will too) when they see the world-famous Harlem Globetrotters. And their minds will grow when they explore the history of the Silk Road through world music.
- Starting at $62 – Disney on Ice: Rockin’ Ever After – Oracle Arena (and other nearby venue)
- Starting at $28 – Harlem Globetrotters 2014 World Tour – STAPLES Center
- Starting at $17 – The Classics Philharmonic Orchestra Presents: The Silk Road – Balboa Theatre
Family Spring Break in Nevada, Colorado & the Southwest
Wanna be wowed? A magic show from master illusionist David Copperfield will do the trick. Or marvel at Cirque du Soleil’s epic production KÀ. And for a perfect mix of fun and education, check out Jim Henson’s Sid the Science Kid: Live!
- Starting at $128 – David Copperfield – MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
- Starting at $218 – Cirque du Soleil: KÀ – MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
- Starting at $45 – Sid the Science Kid: Live! – Comerica Theatre
Family Spring Break in Texas
Travel back in time to a world ruled by dinosaurs, admire the beauty and extreme athleticism of Cirque du Soleil’s Varekai, or see a favorite book come to life on stage with Pinkalicious the Musical.
- Starting at $28 – Dinosauria Experience – Reliant Center
- Starting at $93 – Cirque du Soleil: Varekai – Cedar Park Center
- Starting at $13 – Pinkalicious – Casa Manana
Family Spring Break in Chicago and the Midwest
Classics come to the stage! You loved Schoolhouse Rock! on TV – now your kids will love it as a live musical. Arthurian legend becomes a thrilling theatrical show in Arthur and the Magic Sword. And the beloved book Charlotte’s Web gets re-imagined at Clowes Memorial Hall.
- Starting at $18 – Marriott Theatre for Young Audiences Presents Schoolhouse Rock Live – Marriott Theatre in Lincolnshire
- Starting at $19 – Arthur and the Magic Sword – Park Street Theatre
- Starting at $22 – Charlotte’s Web – Clowes Memorial Hall
Family Spring Break in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic
The circus is in town! Be amazed by performers, animals, and even mythical creatures in Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Presents Legends. Elmo is in town too! See the lovable, huggable star in Sesame Street Live: Elmo Makes Music. And top it all off with a party on ice featuring Disney favorites.
- Starting at $40 – Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents Legends – Barclays Center
- Starting at $22 – Sesame Street Live: Elmo Makes Music – The Theatre at Madison Square Garden
- Starting at $33 – Disney on Ice: Let’s Celebrate – TD Garden
Family Spring Break in the Southeastern US
Tigers, aerialists, and more await your family at UniverSoul Circus. Zebra sharks, dolphins, and other watery creatures can be found at the National Aquarium in Baltimore. Learning, wonder, and nerdy fun abound at the Lafayette Science Museum.
- Starting at $22 – UniverSoul Circus – The Green Lot at Turner Field
- Starting at $38 – Aquarium Admission – National Aquarium in Baltimore
- Starting at $6 – Discover Your Inner Nerd – Lafayette Science Museum
Family Spring Break in Florida
Kids love trains (OK, many grownups do too). So all aboard for a ride with Thomas the Tank Engine! Got a fan of pirates or princesses in your pack? Don’t miss Disney Junior Live On Tour! Pirate & Princess Adventure. The fan-favorite Harlem Globetrotters will dazzle with incredible skills at Ocean Center.
- Starting at $20 – Day Out with Thomas – Gold Coast Railroad Museum
- Starting at $53 – Disney Junior Live On Tour! Pirate & Princess Adventure – Tampa Bay Times Forum
- Starring at $28 – Harlem Globetrotters – Ocean Center